The Modern Upright is based on a Yamaha U3 upright piano - regarded by many pianists as a modern classic. It has a tight and defined tone with an airy ambience that makes it fit nicely into almost any production. Included presets cover everything ranging from smooth jazz with a mellow, warm tone to bright pop with an upfront sound.
Our Modern Upright is based on a Yamaha U3 piano in excellent condition that was recorded with great care in a large auditorium. This auditorium is a soundstage that is mainly used to broadcast live performances with very high acoustical standards. The room has a detailed ambience with a medium/long decay time.
Modern Upright features seven microphone perspectives ranging from close to far, floor to soundboard and mono to stereo. This gives you nearly limitless sound design options and lets you tailor the sound of the piano to the exact needs of your song, all within the Addictive Keys engine.
Recorded using the following:
- Front Ribbon (Stereo XY): Coles 4038
- Front Ribbon (Stereo Wide): Coles 4038
- Back Tube (Stereo Wide): Sela T25
- Bottom Tube (Mono): Neumann U47
- Floor PZM (Stereo Wide): Sennheiser MKE212
- Close Ribbon (Mono): RCA 6203
- Ambient Tube (Stereo XY): Neumann M269