The XILS 3 is a virtual instrument based on the architecture of a classic matrix based modular synthesizer.
Matrix connection brings modularity and sound design to a new dimension. More than 450 connections (audio signal, controls signal, trig signals) are available on the XILS 3, much more than any other type of modular synthesizer! Easy to connect, easy to modify, easy to see, the matrix is far and away the easiest way to connect modules to each other.
But a connection matrix would be nothing without modules to connect! XILS 3 boasts alias free, warm sounding analog style oscillators, analog curve matching, 2 pole and self-oscillating 4 pole dynamic filters, fast envelopes, a noise generator, a spring reverb, and a ring modulator...
Last but not the least, a 128 steps sequencer was added to this synthesizer. This easy to program sequencer can create standard 8 or 16 step fix pattern, but also much more complex rhythm for a large field of sound experimentation
To bring an ergonomic approach to sound design, the XILS 3’s matrix and the sequencer get their own presets, providing the user with flexible sound management options.
Although the XILS 3 is an instrument, you can also use it as a powerful and versatile effects processor. Two mono inputs can be modified, modulated, or used as modulator source or trig source, thanks to four input modules: gate, envelope follower, pitch tracker and transient tracker.
- More Features :
- Three aliasing-free oscillators : sine, ramp, square, triangle.
- One 2/4 poles low pass filter ( a 3 pole self-oscillating mode is also planned )
- Three envelopes, based on two different designs, trapezoid and ADSR
- One MIDI synced LFO
- One MIDI synced Sample and hold
- One voltage processor
- One spring reverb
- One ring modulator.
- One 128 steps sequencer
- two output static filters
- One joy stick
- Three connection matrix
- One input gate
- One input envelope follower
- One pitch tracker
- One transient tracker
- Mono/Unison/Polyphonic playing mode, up to 18 voices of polyphony
- All parameters MIDI controllable
- Many presets made by famous sound designers (Kevin Lamb, Chris Pitman, Cliff Douse, Celmar Engel, to name but a few )
The XILS 3 comes with hundreds of presets that provide instant access to a broad range of sounds and styles ranging from modern electronica to classic 1970s retro and experimental. You can also program it yourself to create your own unique sounds!