Synthogy has applied its abundant piano expertise and technical ingenuity to creating a brand new two-piano virtual instrument. Ivory II-Studio Grands draws attention to the category of grand pianos ideally suited for studio recording. The 7' scale of these instruments produces a remarkable treble range, while maintaining the dynamic depth, richness, and character Synthogy's pianos are known for. The pianos in Ivory II-Studio Grands are the perfect alternatives to conventional studio pianos.
Steinway B Grand Piano Power Station New England — Waterford, Connecticut
The Steinway B is one of the most recorded pianos in history and is widely considered, "The Perfect Studio Piano." Its unique balance of size and power make it an extremely versatile instrument for all styles of music. This particular instrument was hand selected and prepared with the kind cooperation of Steinway & Sons at their factory in Astoria, New York. Before recording, all piano regulation, voicing and tuning was done on site by a Steinway concert technician before being painstakingly sampled by Synthogy's expert team. The recording sessions took place in the classic tuned live room of Power Station NE, an acoustic replica of the famed Power Station New York.
Bösendorfer 225 Grand Piano Firehouse Recording Studios — Pasadena, California
This Bösendorfer 225 Grand Piano possesses a deeply resonant tone and balance in all registers and has a distinguished place in the history of recorded music. Slightly longer than most studio grands at 7' 4", and with four additional low keys, this instrument has appeared on numerous Grammy®-winning and Grammy-nominated recordings. The sessions were engineered by Tony Shepperd in the state-of-the-art Studio A at Firehouse Recording Studios in Pasadena, its venerated sound captured in one of the great piano rooms for all time.
Ivory II-Studio Grands ships with Synthogy's brand new Ivory 2.5 Piano Engine, with PACE machine-based authorization and new features such as "Shimmer", assignable MIDI controls, new Half-Pedal controls, and higher resolution MIDI velocity response. Previous Ivory II users can enjoy all of the benefits of the 2.5 Piano Engine, as it will be available as a free upgrade for all other Ivory II libraries.
Ivory II-Studio Grands Features:
- Up to 24 Velocity Levels
- 112 GB Core Library
- Multiple Levels of Soft Pedal
- Multiple Levels of Release Samples, triggered by Velocity and Duration
- Harmonic Resonance Modeling for true Sympathetic String Vibration
- Custom Soundboard Emulation DSP
- Pedal Noise Enhancements
- Native 64-bit Support
- Timbre-shifting, Parametric EQ and Synth Layer controls for powerful sound sculpting capabilities
- Sample Interpolation Technology used for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions
- World class digital FX including Real Ambience, Chorus and EQ
- Customizable User Controls for Timbre, Stereo Width and Perspective, Velocity Response, Mechanical Key Noise, Lid Position and more
- Tuning Tables
- Optional synth pad layer for modern/pop combinations
- Dozens of programs and effects presets
- Includes all-new Ivory 2.5 software piano engine
- Ivory II's "unified interface" feature enables you to use just a single instance, and one interface, to play and control all of Ivory II's pianos, no matter how many pianos you install. So whether you own one, or all five products, Ivory II's intelligent browsing feature allows you to load any piano from your Synthogy collection into one convenient interface.
Ivory II-Studio Grands is an essential addition to your virtual piano and keyboard rigs.