60 Star Players, 16 1st Violins, 14 2nd Violins, 12 Violas, 10 Cellos & 8 Basses super deep sampled with over 175 articulations, including 59 shorts, 94 longs, and 5 extraordinary performance legato patches programmed by Andrew Blaney. Recorded with multiple round robins, dynamic layers and presented with 3 essential and versatile microphone positions. In addition to each individual section we also have a comprehensive selection of articulations and techniques presented in an 'ensemble' format designed for sketching and composing with 'out of the box' satisfaction.
This is our shot at creating the definitive compendium of Symphonic strings, recorded with a no-holds-barred approach. From classic and elegant vibrato, and expression controlled 'dolce' samples, to our own up-to-the-minute techniques designed by our award winning team of composers and producers. Highlights of these include our hugely popular 'flautando' and 'super sul tasto' articulations.
Go as detailed as you wish with each section individually, or dive in with our specially curated 'ensembles' tools designed for quick writing and broad brush strokes.
Buying or cross-grading into this core set of samples allows you the opportunity to purchase expansion packs with more microphones and mixes, and other exciting add-ons, like the exclusive and much sought after "Evolutions" pack.
Spitfire Audio was built on a very simple core concept. Surely the best way to create samples that enable people to recreate some of the most successful, award-winning recordings of recent times, is to not imitate, but simply replicate where and how they were recorded. Along with the instruments and talent that appeared on those recordings, and the way they were instructed to play.
SSS is a consolidation of nearly a decades worth of sampling experience, befriending London's finest string players and through a process of Kaizen (that can be tracked through over 20 unique strings libraries we have made) perfecting the ideal balance of life, realism and soul with the accuracy, playability and scripting innovations that you have come to expect, from a library that contains a component that was awarded "Best Sample Library Of The Year 2014" by Music Tech magazine.
By rationalising what was formerly contained in 4 separate volumes, SSS is now an encyclopaedic compendium of Symphonic Strings.
Every articulation for every section plus ensembles formerly available in Mural volumes 1, 2, 3 & Ensembles in a single encyclopaedic compendium:
- 175 articulations, including 59 shorts, 94 longs, & 45 legatos
- 60 Top London string players
- Recorded in situ (ie: in the positions they occupy in a scoring session)
- Recorded using priceless valve and ribbon mics
- Neve Montserrat Pre-amps into a Neve 88R desk
- Recorded digitally at 96k via 2" Studer tape
- Deep sampled with multiple dynamic layers and round robins
- Diverse and detailed with essential, additional and some totally unique articulations
- Legatos designed by Andrew Blaney
- Individual sections and ensembles
- 3 essential, diverse and most favoured mic positions: C(lose), T(ree), A(mbient)
- Kontakt Player included
- New intuitive GUI with inline help system
- • As used by A-list composers and producers around the globe!