Vocs 2x12 AlnBlue is the Choptones Supercab IR Library created by capturing a Vox* BNX 2x12 with Celestion* Alnico Blue speakers.
Vocs 2x12 AlnBlue is an extensive and systematic capture created with 12 microphones, 8 to 16 positions for each microphone and multiple Mic preamps, for a total of over 300 IRs. The cabinet has a straight front, open back, solid Birch construction, and is the perfect extension cabinet for AC30 combos. The speaker is the voice of almost every British class-A amplifier and started its life as a radio speaker, only to be modified for electric guitar use. Warm and mellow mids are its trademark, and it's a great choice for blues and clean tones.
The captures were performed with a motorized mic stand in order to have consistent measurements across libraries.
The microphones used during the capturing session are:
- AKG* C414
- Audio Technica* 2035
- Audix* i5
- Beyerdynamic* M160
- Electrovoice* RE20
- Neumann* U87
- Royer* 121
- Sennheiser* MD21
- Sennheiser* MD421
- Sennheiser* MD441
- Shure* SM7
- Shure* SM57
Every microphone was moved to four different horizontal positions (Cap, Cap Edge, Cone and Cone Edge) and two distances, for a total of eight IRs each.
For some microphones, the set of eight measurements was repeated with the microphone off axis (45 deg).
All of the measurement sets were repeated twice with two different Mic preamps: a Neve* 1073 and a German preamp.
MADE FOR THE SUPERCABINET
This library was created for the TH-U Supercabinet that allows you to:
- Graphically browse the IRs in the library
- Blend multiple IRs and create totally custom and huge stereo guitar tones
- Compose new cabinet tones with the unique Multiband mode
- Export your crafted IRs in .wav format for use with all major hardware modelers and software IR loaders
* Any use of third party trademarks, logos, mentioned brand names, products and services is only referential and Overloud hereby disclaims any Sponsorship, Affiliation or Endorsement of or by any such third party.