TAF Blue is the Supercab IR Library created by Andy from TheAmpFactory in his Orange Tree Studios HQ that captures a VOXAC30* 65/66 with Celestion Blue-PreRola speakers.
"This speaker is and was the main reason why I went into producing my own IRs. "Blue" speakers have their own sound, but this one in particular has its VERY own character not like any other. Its softer, more gentle, unless you poke it, and it becomes unfriendly but in an adorable way!. If someone asked me what is the pinnacle of guitar tones, I’d always refer to this speaker. It's what always comes to mind when thinking of any guitar based sound. It will never age, it will never die. And best of all, it's now eternally captured."
- Andy (TheAmpFactory)
This amp and its speaker was in Abbey Road Studios, and the special thing is that this was one of the amps used for many of the Beatles recordings. To this day, the amp lives on, still in its original format, with no problems thus far! Just don't ask me to turn the thing on!
- Speaker: Celestion* Blue - PreRola
- Origin: VOXAC30 65/66 era
- Mic Pre: Neve1073/VR Legend Console
- Pre-EQ: YES
- HPF/LPF: Active
The IRs have been captured using the following 14 microphones:
- AKG* C414
- Audix* i5
- Beyerdynamic* M160
- DPA* 4011
- Electrovoice* RE20
- Neumann* U47
- Neumann* U87
- Peluso* R14
- Royer* 121
- Sennheiser* MD421
- ShinyBox* 46MXL
- Shure* 545 SD
- Shure* SM7B
- Shure* SM57
- Sony* C800G
Every microphone has been moved to four different horizontal positions (Cap, Cap Edge, Cone and Cone Edge) and two distances, for a total of 8 IRs each..
MADE FOR THE SUPERCABINET
This library has been created for the TH-U Supercabinet that allows you to:
- Graphically browse the IRs in the library
- Blend multiple IRs and create totally custom and huge stereo guitar tones
- Compose new cabinet tones with the unique Multiband mode
- Export your crafted IRs in .wav format for use with all major hardware modelers and software IR loaders
* Any use of third party trademarks, logos, mentioned brand names, products and services is only referential and Overloud hereby disclaims any Sponsorship, Affiliation or Endorsement of or by any such third party.