Famous 4x12 G12M is the Choptones Supercab IR Library created by capturing a Framus* Cobra 4x12 with Celestion* G12M Greenback 25W speakers.
Famous 4x12 G12M is an extensive and systematic capture created with 12 microphones, 8 to 16 positions for each microphone and multiple Mic preamps, for a total of over 300 IRs. The cabinet has a straight front, closed back, solid Poplar construction, and is great for metal and hard rock tones. The speaker is a must have if you like rock. Having evolved through the decades, this amazing speaker is great with low-powered amps and mixed with different speakers—the real voice of rock!
The captures were performed with a motorized mic stand in order to have consistent measurements across libraries.
The microphones used during the capturing session are:
- AKG* C414
- Audio Technica* 2035
- Audix* i5
- Beyerdynamic* M160
- Electrovoice* RE20
- Neumann* U87
- Royer* 121
- Sennheiser* MD21
- Sennheiser* MD421
- Sennheiser* MD441
- Shure* SM7
- Shure* SM57
Every microphone was moved to four different horizontal positions (Cap, Cap Edge, Cone and Cone Edge) and two distances, for a total of eight IRs each.
For some microphones, the set of eight measurements was repeated with the microphone off axis (45 deg).
All of the measurement sets were repeated twice with two different Mic preamps: a Neve* 1073 and a German preamp.
MADE FOR THE SUPERCABINET
This library was created for the TH-U Supercabinet that allows you to:
- Graphically browse the IRs in the library
- Blend multiple IRs and create totally custom and huge stereo guitar tones
- Compose new cabinet tones with the unique Multiband mode
- Export your crafted IRs in .wav format for use with all major hardware modelers and software IR loaders
* Any use of third party trademarks, logos, mentioned brand names, products and services is only referential and Overloud hereby disclaims any Sponsorship, Affiliation or Endorsement of or by any such third party.