Brit 1960 4x12 V30 is the Choptones Supercab IR Library created by capturing a Marshall* 1960 A 4x12 with Celestion* Vintage 30 speakers.
Brit 1960 4x12 V30 is an extensive and systematic capture created with 12 microphones, 8 to 16 positions for each microphone and multiple Mic preamps, for a total of over 300 IRs. The cabinet has a slanted front, closed back, solid Birch plywood construction, and might be the most commonly used 4x12 out there. A perfect tone for modern rock! The speaker, maybe the most famous speaker in the guitar world, is great for handling power and overdrive. Made by coupling the old Celestion 'H' magnet with a new cone and coil, it provides a warm low-end with rich mid-range and a detailed top-end.
The captures were performed with a motorized mic stand in order to have consistent measurements across libraries.
The microphones used during the capturing session are:
- AKG* C414
- Audio Technica* 2035
- Audix* i5
- Beyerdynamic* M160
- Electrovoice* RE20
- Neumann* U87
- Royer* 121
- Sennheiser* MD21
- Sennheiser* MD421
- Sennheiser* MD441
- Shure* SM7
- Shure* SM57
Every microphone was moved to four different horizontal positions (Cap, Cap Edge, Cone and Cone Edge) and two distances, for a total of eight IRs each.
For some microphones, the set of eight measurements was repeated with the microphone off axis (45 deg).
All of the measurement sets were repeated twice with two different Mic preamps: a Neve* 1073 and a German preamp.
MADE FOR THE SUPERCABINET
This library was created for the TH-U Supercabinet that allows you to:
- Graphically browse the IRs in the library
- Blend multiple IRs and create totally custom and huge stereo guitar tones
- Compose new cabinet tones with the unique Multiband mode
- Export your crafted IRs in .wav format for use with all major hardware modelers and software IR loaders
* Any use of third party trademarks, logos, mentioned brand names, products and services is only referential and Overloud hereby disclaims any Sponsorship, Affiliation or Endorsement of or by any such third party.