Choptones Supercab IR Library created by capturing a Mesa Boogie* 2x12 Recto Compact with Celestion* Classic Lead 80 speakers
Bogie C2x12 CL80 is the Choptones Supercab IR Library created by capturing a Mesa Boogie* 2x12 Recto Compact with Celestion* Classic Lead 80 speakers.
Bogie C2x12 CL80 is an extensive and systematic capture created with 12 microphones, 8 to 16 positions for each microphone and multiple Mic preamps, for a total of over 300 IRs. The cabinet has a straight front, closed back, and Marine Grade Baltic Birch plywood construction—a small but powerful Mesa 2x12 Cab. Its speaker, made in the late '70s, provides a unique and dynamic sound due to its fiberglass voice coil. Great for aggressive rhythm lines and solos, its tone perfectly cuts through the mix without being too shrill.
The captures were performed with a motorized mic stand in order to have consistent measurements across libraries.
The microphones used during the capturing session are:
- AKG* C414
- Audio Technica* 2035
- Audix* i5
- Beyerdynamic* M160
- Electrovoice* RE20
- Neumann* U87
- Royer* 121
- Sennheiser* MD21
- Sennheiser* MD421
- Sennheiser* MD441
- Shure* SM7
- Shure* SM57
Every microphone was moved to four different horizontal positions (Cap, Cap Edge, Cone and Cone Edge) and two distances, for a total of eight IRs each.
For some microphones, the set of eight measurements was repeated with the microphone off axis (45 deg).
All of the measurement sets were repeated twice with two different Mic preamps: a Neve* 1073 and a German preamp.
MADE FOR THE SUPERCABINET
This library was created for the TH-U Supercabinet that allows you to:
- Graphically browse the IRs in the library
- Blend multiple IRs and create totally custom and huge stereo guitar tones
- Compose new cabinet tones with the unique Multiband mode
- Export your crafted IRs in .wav format for use with all major hardware modelers and software IR loaders
* Any use of third party trademarks, logos, mentioned brand names, products and services is only referential and Overloud hereby disclaims any Sponsorship, Affiliation or Endorsement of or by any such third party.