The fourth product on their range of Guitar Amp Simulator products which utilizes their 3rd generation of circuit modeling technology, claimed to give a satisfying dynamic response from the amp tone generated.
This time, we take one step further in translating the inspirations of Vox Amplifiers* to recreate its original tone and feel throughout the decades, making distinct sounds from the 70’s, 90’s and late 2000’s accessible for guitarists. In addition, a parallel signal path from the normal and top boost channel similar with the jumpered mod gives the amp more mojo from the tone sought after by many guitarists. A treble booster pedal FX is also included giving the plugin a total modern incarnation of the original hardware setup.
Vox AC30 were built as the demand for louder amps increased in the late 50s where the rock and roll culture began to shine. Known for its bell-like chime and bright jangly sound, undoubtedly the Vox AC30 is very influential in defining the sound of the British movement with the faces of The Beatles, Queen, The Who, The Clash, Ritchie Blackmore, Oasis, U2, and Radiohead.
Consistently in production for more than 50 years, the Vox AC30 went through many incarnations and models throughout its history of different holders. We took three of their most distinguishable tones and compiled them into one amp to rule them all: Amplifikation Lancaster
- NEW! Range Master Style Treble Booster: Inseparable with the AC30’s tone. Modified to fully match the Lancaster’s tone.
- NEW! Parallel signal path for the Normal Channel and Top Boost Channel. Use both channels simultaneously, similar to ‘jumpered’ Vox* AC30.
- 3 amp types, taken from different eras of Vox* AC30s:
- Lancaster A: Late 2000’s AC30. Breaks up and overdrives early. Raw and raucous.
- Lancaster B: 1990s Limited Edition AC30. Fat and slightly compressed. Sounds thick with overdrive or distortion.
- Lancaster C: Modified 1970s AC30. Cleaner sound with huge headroom, instantly recognizable for that loud jangly tone.
- Sag and Bias feature on the power amp section.
- Low pass and high pass filters.
- Five types of cabinets with impulse responses taken from genuine Vox combo amps.
- Seven types of workhorse mics: Shure* SM57, Sennheiser* MD421, Sennheiser* MD441, C&T Naked Eye*, Royer* 121, AKG* C414, Neumann* TLM103.
- Freely adjustable dual-miking configurations with mono or stereo configuration, just like a real-life guitar recording session with mix option.
- Built-in Noise Gate and Limiter
- New top view interface for lifelike guitar playing experience
- Straightforward and easy to use interface
- Supports up to 8x Oversampling.
*Disclaimer: All trademarks are the property of their respective owners which are in no way associated or affiliated with Kuassa. The manufacturer names and model designations are used solely to identify the products whose tonal and sound characteristics were studied during development.
Amplifikation Lancaster is available as VST, VST3, Audio Unit, AAX, A360 modules, and as Standalone App, while the Rack Extension version will be released soon after.