When we first released it, the original Minimonsta gained heavy praise from fans and critics alike for providing an extraordinarily accurate sonic replication of the legendary Model D®. But it went much further, augmenting the simplicity of the original design with a host of new features that allowed the deeply familiar tones to be pushed into previously unexplored sonic realms. Minimonsta2 retains the fundamental architecture at the heart of its predecessor, but builds on this in ways that extend its sonic and musical capabilities into a uniquely deep & musical instrument and sets it apart from other Mini.
Minimonsta2 features a new fully resizable UI, an improved audio engine, a powerful new Preset Browser, over 300 new presets, a new Reverb effect, a Vintage control for adding subtle analogue imperfections, four programmable Macros, selectable 4-stage envelopes, an alternative bass-preserving ladder filter, PWM for OSC1 and much more. These powerful new features give Minimonsta2 an authentic experience that’s designed for the modern setup.
True to the original Model D®, the heart of Minimonsta2 provides the full original feature set with precise waveforms, a beautifully accurate resonant filter, snappy ADS envelope generators and the wonderful Mini loop-feedback function. Using just these classic parameters, Minimonsta2 has a huge tonal palette that ranges from fat to fierce, and searing to sizzling. However, there’s so much more here, as a plethora of additions turn a beautifully realised Mini into a truly unique Monsta.
Using our unique X-Modifier technology, the scope of sound modulation possibilities is immense. An intuitive X-LFO and X-ADSR section provides you with the ability to create extensive modulations of almost every parameter, allowing you to create hugely complex, yet musical, sounds. So, while the tone and character at the heart of the synth remains authentic to the original, the additional features turn it into a true sonic Monsta with no equivalent.
Inspiration At The Speed Of Sound
Minimonsta2 features our new, highly flexible preset browser, giving you the power to organise your sounds in a way that suits your workflow. With extensive tagging, sorting and search possibilities, it’s now quick and easy to find the presets you want. Talking of presets, we’ve got them by the bucketload. Firstly, we’ve included more than 300+ brand new production-ready presets. You can also access 500 legacy presets, which have all been categorised and tagged for easy navigation. With a total of over 800 presets, inspiration is just moments away.
Minimonsta2 – Key Features
- Analog modelling of the legendary ‘Model D’
- [New] Fully-scalable UI
- [New] Powerful Preset Browser
- [New] Over 800 presets including 300+ new presets
- [New] Alternative bass-preserving ladder filter
- [New] Alternative 4-stage envelopes
- [New] Matrix Reverb effect
- [New] Vintage knob for authentic analog imperfections
- [New] Four programmable Macros for easy manipulation of sounds
- [New] Programmable Aftertouch and expanded Velocity controls for extra playability
- All original features including 3 oscillators and the famous 4-pole, 24dB/octave filter
- Monophonic, polyphonic, legato and unison trigger modes
- Vast modulation options via X-Modifiers
- Pan spread for wide stereo sounds