*For use with Kontakt
The Model 7 grand piano was sampled from a outstanding example of a Yamaha C7 grand coda piano. Chocolate Audio's first idea was to sample another model, a CFIII, but when they went to the rental-house they totally fell in love with the C7 and chose it.
This particular piano has been in constant use since the '80s in two famous concert halls in Torino (Italy) and has been played by artists like Michel Petrucciani and Chick Corea amongst others. This piano is lovingly maintained by dedicated Italian technicians.
They sampled this monster of a piano in a medium-size hall with state of the art microphones. Chocolate Audio didn't settle for a single pair or even a limited selection of microphones. They wanted to make sure to capture the essence of this piano by using the very best microphones available. In that way the sampling and editing process had the best chance to preserve its soul, something which was hard to achieve. It is for this very reason, they used many more microphones than was initially planned to capture every nuance.
These microphones, used either alone or combined with others, gives you the widest possible variety of tonal colors you might need from a top-notch concert piano. To preserve the delicate tonal balance, they carefully phase-aligned all of the microphones.
The Mixer provided in this package opens up many different sonic possibilities. It gets you quick results with just a few controls for adjusting Volume, Panning, Width, Reverb Send as well as Mutes and Solos. You also have effects such as a 3-band EQ with adjustable frequency centers, a Preset Compressor & Tape Emulation and an IR Reverb.
Chocolate Audio's approach to sampled Instruments is to let the musician in you create, free of technical hassles. You just play. The learning-curve was reduces to a minimum, this is always a priority when they design their Instruments. But if you want to customise and refine the sound to the upmost, their multi-layer user interfaces allow for it, giving you the best of both worlds.
- 9.12 GB (lossless compressed) library size, 6640 samples
- 4 microphone sets: Schoeps CMC6 MK4s, Royer 121 ribbons, modded Oktava MK 012s and Neumann M149 stereo room set
- 11 sustaining dynamic layers, chromatically sampled
- 8 release trails layers, chromatically sampled
- Independently controllable sustain pedal resonances
- Key release noise for added authenticity
- Sustain pedal down and up noise layers
- Sampled with Millennia, Neve, SSL and Focusrite preamps fed direct into Apogee converters
- All of the details of the piano recreated through the use of our custom advanced scripting
- Recorded at 24 bit / 96 KHz, released at 24 bit / 44.1 KHz
- Easy to use mixer for extreme sound mangling