The Big Bang of Synths
Miniverse is a painstaking virtual emulation of the granddaddy of all portable synthesizers, the legendary Minimoog Model D®. Introduced in 1971, no other instrument is more associated with the word "synthesizer" than the iconic Minimoog - it's perhaps the best-known and loved analog synthesizer ever made. Though its innards weren't identical to Moog's massive modular synths, it shared the thick, juicy, "fat" analog sound that remains unchallenged 50 years later! It set the standard for future synthesizers, inspired whole new genres of music, and defined the sound of artists as diverse as Kraftwerk, Herbie Hancock, Rick Wakeman, Pink Floyd, Parliament, Gary Numan, and countless others.
And now, with Cherry Audio Miniverse, it's your turn!
Miniverse was conceived as the ultimate tribute to the original instrument. We focused on a single principle: absolute authenticity. In association with DSP master and frequent collaborator Mark Barton (MRB), we studied and measured every nuance, every curve, and every response of the audio. Even the Miniverse interface is a meticulous recreation of the Minimoog, from the maple cabinet and textured surface to the unmistakable "Cosmo" knobs and switches. We avoided the temptation to add extra features, such as additional LFOs or effects, which might distract from the spirit and vibe of the classic Model D. Instead, Miniverse portrays the pure, raw, powerful sound and feel of the classic original.
All About the Sound
Whether you're seeking monstrous leads, funky basslines, or warm atmospheric pads, Miniverse has you covered. In fact, the resulting tones are so mighty that we could not resist adding one particular enhancement. If one classic synth voice isn't enough, we've made it easy to dial in two, four, eight, or sixteen polyphonic voices guaranteed to bring the house down. Need outstanding sounds even faster? Miniverse includes a library of over 250 presets created by pro professional sound designers. Brass, keys, percussion, sound effects, and even MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) presets and, of course, the signature earthshaking basses and leads the Mini is renowned for are just a click away.
New: Preset MIDI Mapping
Speaking of presets, by popular demand, we've added a new feature to Miniverse: the ability to save custom MIDI controller mappings to individual presets or globally (or both!).
- Faithful virtual analog emulation of the legendary Model D
- All features of the original in a realistic interface exactly as the original
- Three oscillators with triangle, sawtooth-triangular, ramp sawtooth, square, wide rectangular, and narrow rectangular waveforms
- Classic four-pole, 24dB/octave ladder filter
- Feedback and Sidechain, replicating the original instrument's External Input function with super accurately replicated overdrive characteristics
- Fully programmable with over 200 factory preset patches created by pro sound designers
- Monophonic and polyphonic modes: 1, 2, 4, 8, or 16 voices
- Superbly accurate modeling of inherent oscillator mixer and VCA overdrive characteristics
- MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) support for expressive performances using MPE-compatible controllers
- Complete MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls, with easy-to-use MIDI learn
- Preset and Global level MIDI mapping
- Cherry Audio's acclaimed Focus zoom-in feature
- Highly optimized coding for optimal performance with ultra-low CPU load
- User-adjustable oversampling control
If You Can Afford a Toy Truck...
Whether it's a vintage original or the recent reissue, it's nearly impossible to find a fully functioning Minimoog these days for under $6000. This is a shame because, as they say, "Everyone should have one." That's why Cherry Audio is again bringing an absolute classic synthesizer to the desktop in the form of Miniverse for the inconceivably low price of only $39 (List $59).