Pigments is the latest software synthesizer from instrument creators Arturia. Combining the best of two worlds, it features hugely powerful, cutting-edge wavetable synthesis alongside their award- winning virtual analog technology.
After spending 20 years analyzing and emulating the best synthesizers ever made, they have now used their expertise to create an original, uniquely “Arturia” software synthesizer.
Pigments offers exceptional sound thanks to its hugely powerful architecture and lightning-fast workflow that makes complex modulations easy, fast, and fun.
Arturia promises that while Pigments can sound like other synths, no other synth can sound like Pigments. It is truly a 21st century instrument that will become the go-to choice for all producers, sound designers, and synth-fans alike thanks to its extraordinary features and tempting price.
At a glance, here are its key features:
Two engines in parallel: the best of both worlds
- Virtual Analog triple oscillator engine
- Complex Wavetable engine with morphing and import
Twin filters: dozens to choose from
- Classic filters from V Collection instruments Modern filters like surgeon and comb
- Continuous series/parallel routing
Powerful effects section: an all-in-one solution
- 13 stunning effects, including wavefolder, overdrive, parametric EQ, and delay Insert or Send routing options with drag and drop for easy switching
- Every parameter can be modulated
Advanced modulation system: modulate anything with anything
- Graphical editing, source-based or destination-based
- Envelopes, LFOs, Function generators, Random sources
- 4 assignable Macros to control multiple parameters at once
Visual interface: understand your sound
- Graphical representation of the most important modules Living, moving waveform to see your sound come alive
Polyrhythmic Sequencer and Arpeggiator: get creative
- Create complex, custom and evolving sequences or arps
Extensive factory preset library: learn from the masters
- Hundreds of presets from awesome artists and experienced sound designers, including Robert Dudzig, Jeremy Savage, Starcadian, Cubic Spline, Mord Fustang, and Jörg Hüttner.
- Highlighted “notes” to show which parameters are recommended to tweak
In Version 2
New Sample Engine
This third engine comes with a catalogue of samples to choose from (from live strings to drums) and can import your own as well!
Customize playback utilizing sample slots to map to your keyboard
New Granular Mode
Easily create a new tone by adjusting density, envelope size, and randomization functions to your samples, giving them complete new ways of expression
Revamped Random mode is perfect for performance and improvisation by moving back and forth from an original sequence to as random a value as you would like
New Filter and Delay
Buchla Easel low pass gate filter option gives you the ability to create great “tuned percussion” type sounds like hand drums, congas, or steel drums from your signal
Space-age tape echo creates analog flavor by modeling the analog looping and distortion circuitry found in analog tape delays
New MPE implementation (Midi Polyphonic Expression). This capability allows Pigments 2 to respond to a polyphonic controller for individual note modulation
Undo/ Redo functionality to go back to your prior settings
Hundreds of new sounds to choose from sound designers such as Jerimiah Savage, Cubic Spline, Jorg Huttner, and Klaus Baetz to name a few.