The leading voice of the cello section is Argentinian Rubén Dubrovsky, founder of the Vienna Bach Consort. Martin Deuring, an internationally active solo bassist and founding member of the chamber music ensemble “Ensemble Plus”, leads the double bass ensemble.
- Cello ensemble (8 players)
- Double bass ensemble (6 players)
All Vienna Instruments string sections offer an extremely wide range of articulations. The special qualities of these instruments are the result of a multitude of Performances. With larger ensembles, the random effect of articulations like Performance Trills or fast Legatos is especially pronounced, lending those Performance Patches remarkable authenticity in conjunction with the new Performance algorithms in the Vienna Instruments. The larger the ensemble, the more intense the random effect, that is, the natural “inexactitude” among the musicians when changing from one tone to the next. This effect gets extra attention with the “Repetition Performance Pizzicatos” – an innovation only available with the large string ensembles and recorded in two different tempos.
The Orchestral Strings II Full Library contains 28 GB of uncompressed sample data in 44.1kHz/24-bit. Due to an innovative optimization process, the Vienna Instruments engine decompresses the samples in real-time, so that they take up only 19 GB of space on your hard disk. Please note: Even if you licensed the Standard Library only, the Full Library of your Collection gets installed on your hard drive since Standard and Extended Library can’t be separated due to structural database requirements.
Articulations - Full Library (Standard + Extended Libraries)
- Interval Performances: legato, portamento, staccato, tremolo
- Fast Interval Performances: legato, marcato, spiccato
- Performance Trills
- Interval Performances muted (con sordino): normal, portamento
- Repetition Performances: legato, bow vibrato, portato, staccato, spiccato, harsh, upbeats, pizzicato
- Repetition Performances muted: sustains, legato, portato, staccato
- Runs: legato, spiccato; major, minor, chromatic, whole tone
- Short notes: short staccato, staccato, short détaché, long détaché, 4 variations each
- Long notes: sustains with and without vibrato, espressivo, flautando
- Dynamics: various crescendos & diminuendos, with and without vibrato, fp, sfz, sffz, pfp
- Tremolos: sustains, crescendo & diminuendo
- Trills: half tone, whole tone, minor, major 3rd, accelerando
- Pizzicatos and Bartók pizzicatos (loose and tight)
- Col legno
- Con sordino: staccato, détaché, sustained, crescendos & diminuendos, fortepiano, sforzato, tremolo, pizzicato, trills
- Sul ponticello: staccato, sustains, crescendos & diminuendos, sfz, tremolo
- Artificial harmonics: staccato, sustains