Every Vienna Instruments collection comes with both the Vienna Instruments player and Vienna Ensemble. Get Vienna Instruments PRO and Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 to add another layer of expression to Vienna Instruments and improve your workflow.
- Piccolo trumpet
- Bass trumpet
- Triple horn
- Horn ensemble (8 players) / Epic Horns
- Bass trombone
- Contrabass trombone
- Contrabass tuba
- Wagner tuba
Brass II contains the instruments for large-scale orchestral arrangements, i.e., the “Wagner orchestral brass”. Oriented toward Wagner’s “Ring”, there are the bass trumpet, the contrabass trombone, Wagner tuba and contrabass tuba, all with the standard single note and Performance articulations like Interval Performances, Repetitions, Performance Trills, etc. As an alternative to the Viennese horn, Brass II also contains a new solo horn, the triple horn, Yamaha’s master instrument in F/Bb/high F, recorded down to the lowest register (A1). Further, there are the piccolo trumpet, the cimbasso, and of course the famous “Epic Horns”, an impressive sounding body of eight double horns that not only fulfills the sonic ideal of the theatrical late Romantic orchestra but also meets the challenge of “larger than life” scores for modern cinema.
The Brass II Full Library contains 59 GB of uncompressed sample data in 44.1kHz/24-bit. Due to an innovative optimization process, the Vienna Instruments engine decompresses the samples in real-time, so that they take up only 39 GB of space on your hard disk. Please note: Even if you licensed the Standard Library only, the Full Library of your Collection gets installed on your hard drive since Standard and Extended Library can’t be separated due to structural database requirements.
Articulations - Full Library (Standard + Extended Libraries)
- Interval Performances: legato, marcato; slow & fast
- Repetition Performances: legato, portato, staccato; crescendo & diminuendo
- Performance Repetition upbeats: slow, medium, fast
- Performance Trills
- Solo instruments – Grace Note Performances: minor and major 2nd, up and down
- Short notes: staccato and portato with various attacks and note lengths
- Long notes: sustains with various attacks and vibratos
- Horn ensemble: blared sustains
- Dynamics: crescendo & diminuendo in various note lengths, various vibratos; fp, sfz, sffz, pfp
- Solo instruments – trills: half tone, whole tone; crescendo & diminuendo
- Flutter tongues: normal and crescendo variations