Now shipping in premium collector box, with USB fast-installation drives!
Stylus RMX is a completely new groove-based virtual instrument plug-in for Macintosh and Windows. Stylus RMX is the first product to offer the combined power of Groove Control™ with Spectrasonics Advanced Groove Engine (S.A.G.E.™) technology giving users dramatic new control over groove production and performance.
Spectrasonics' in-house development team created the new instrument from the ground up, with dozens of new features including the ground-breaking Chaos Designer™, a completely redesigned multi-page user interface, a new core library of sounds, all with a focus on realtime groove creation and performance.
New Core library
The massive new 7.4 gigabyte core-library in Stylus RMX has thousands of cutting-edge grooves and sounds that were created by Spectrasonics' international sound design team, and produced by Eric Persing. The new core library contains nearly triple the amount of sounds originally offered in the original Stylus, and contains all the original material as well. The new sounds and grooves in Stylus RMX offer a much wider range of modern musical genres than the original Stylus. Mixes of grooves are broken down into individual tracks called Elements for flexibility and infinite combinations.
Also new in Stylus RMX are thousands of new Kit modules, 250 Kit patches, as well as user Kit construction....Users can create their own customized multitrack remix grooves and kits, save them into the plug-in, and even share them with other Stylus RMX users on different platforms and hosts. RMX 1.5 even comes with 500 new Multi grooves!
Stylus RMX marks Spectrasonics' first expandable virtual instrument, with a series of five new "S.A.G.E. Xpanders" for Stylus RMX. Stylus RMX also can be expanded with existing Groove Control CD-ROM libraries and even REX files - which opens the door for musicians to utilize their own audio loops within the powerful S.A.G.E. Environment.
Of the many new capabilities in Stylus RMX, possibly the most innovative feature is the Chaos Designer™. With simple controls, the user can introduce musical Chaos into the groove, which allows it to have constantly evolving variations - giving the impression that the audio grooves are improvising. The results can be subtle or extreme by setting the simple to use controls. A Capture feature allows the spontaneous audio chaos patterns to be made into a MIDI file, dragged and dropped into the host sequencer, and played back again for further editing by the user.
Stylus RMX Features Overview:
- First product using new S.A.G.E. technology (Spectrasonics Advanced Groove Engine)
- Realtime auto-sync to the beat so grooves are always in time, even when performed live! Groove Control is always active for optimum sound quality at virtually any tempo.
- Massive cutting-edge 7.4gb Core Library, with nearly triple the sounds of the original Stylus.
- (the original Stylus core library also included)
- Add more grooves with new series of "S.A.G.E. Xpanders"
- Expandable with Groove Control® activated sample libraries
- Expandable with Propellerheads REX files, which allow a user to import their own audio loops via ReCycle™.
- Thousands and thousands of grooves, sounds, patches and interchangeable "Kit modules" for building grooves
- 500 Multi Grooves
- 250 Kits
- World-Class integrated FX Racks w/27 professional effects: Tube Limiter, Tape Slammer, Modern and Vintage Compressors, Wah-Wah, Power Filter, 6 different Vintage/Parametric/Graphic Equalizers, Flame Distortion, Valve Radio, PRO-Verb, EZ-Verb, Spring Verb, Gate Expander, Stereo Imager, Flanger, 2 different Phasers, 3 BPM Delays, Retroplex Tape Delay and Radio Delay
- Easy MIDI Control of all 20,000 parameters with MIDI Learn: simply grab the parameter and the hardware control
- Hardware Controller Templates provided for Popular models by Korg, Behringer and M-Audio
- Over 9 hours of professional Video Tutorials are included a visual way to quickly learn about Stylus RMX!
- Integrated Documentation - A 68,000 word Reference Guide is accessible directly from the plug-in Help menu
- Multipage user interface design with fully integrated Browser for easily auditioning & organizing grooves
- Innovative Chaos Designer™ adds musical variations and "improvising" within stereo audio grooves!
- 8-part Multitimbral, each part can have dozens of grooves and samples
- Multiple stereo outputs (with supported software)
- Edit Groups offer unique control of individual beats within an audio loop: add ambience to just the backbeat, control the pitch of the snare inside a stereo loop, reverse only specific slices in the loop...non-destructively
- Favorites Menu creation of user defined suites of grooves, perfect for project-by-project work
- Built-in Mixer w/ 8 channels, mute/solo, level, meters, 4 Aux sends, output assignments
- Drag and Drop MIDI files into host sequencer
- User Kit building from core library, User Remixes, cross-platform/cross-host patch compatibility
- Groove Menu mode allows any suite of multiple grooves to be played live from the keyboard on a single MIDI channel
- Half Time / Double Time
- Build Multitrack Grooves in realtime!
- Real-time Jamming in sync!
- Powerful sound design features include:
- New multi-mode Power Filter, 3 syncable LFOs,
- 3 AHDR envelopes Reverse and more
- Edit Templates to browse and audition grooves using custom sets of parameter edits
- Easy Edit page with Big Knobs for simple, yet powerful control of key parameters
- Stylus RMX operates as a virtual instrument software plug-in for Macintosh and Windows in all major hosts including Apple Logic™, MOTU Digital Performer™, Digidesign Pro Tools™, Ableton Live™, Steinberg Cubase™ 4 or later, Nuendo™, V-Stack™, Apple Garage Band™, Fruity Loops™, Sony Acid Pro™, Cakewalk Sonar™, Project 5™ and many other VST and Audio Unit host applications.
Stylus RMX Xpanded includes:
- Stylus RMX: Realtime Groove Module virtual instrument for Macintosh and Windows
- Backbeat SAGE Xpander: Live Acoustic “Straight-ahead" drum grooves
- Retro Funk SAGE Xpander: Authentic vintage acoustic sound, feel & classic grooves
- Burning Grooves SAGE Xpander: Maximum impact, aggressive live drum grooves
- Liquid Grooves SAGE Xpander: Acoustic ethnic drum and percussion grooves with unique processing
- Metamorphosis SAGE Xpander: 21st Century remix grooves designed by producer Eric Persing
- Multi Library: Hundreds of amazing Multi-groove patches that combine the Xpanders in creative ways
- Bonus Section: Unique grooves from Vocal Planet, Distorted Reality and more!
- A total of over 13 Gigabytes of massive sounds and grooves!