Polar is an old school harmonizing and pitch-shifter effect with a host of modern tricks up its sleeves. Use it for classic harmonizing, stereo-widening, and realtime pitch-shifting, or experiment with buffer looping and audio freezing to create otherworldly effects.
Load up Polar in the rack, and it will instantly make your sounds wider. Introduce slight pitch-shifting to make it even bigger. Turn the Shifters to add harmonics — up to two octaves above — or radically change the pitch down to two octaves below. Finish up your patch by turning on the filter, manipulated by the built-in LFO and envelope.
If you are a singer, producer, guitarist or remixer who is looking for transparent pitch-shifting, creative ways of turning bland recordings into wide, evolving soundscapes — or want to completely mangle a sound into an interesting mess, Polar brings all this and much more to your Reason rack.
- Widen your sounds
- Polar turns bland mono signals into broad, beautiful stereo
- Add slight pitch shifting for chorus-like thick tones
- Heavily shift vocals, samples or recordings in pitch, transparently or old school gritty
- Experiment with delay and feedback to create glittering arpeggios from one-note recordings
- Four different algorithms — classic, smooth, loop and reverse — provide plenty of sound sculpting possibilities
- Buffer lock, sweepable with Polar's built-in LFO, produces glitchy loops and tonal textures