The BFD Maple Custom Absolute Expansion Kit features a high-end Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute drum kit and a bonus Yamaha FHP (fiberglass) snare.
The Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute series is one of the most advanced kits ever made by Yamaha, with its drums often considered to be some of the finest available.
The BFD Maple Custom Absolute expansion kit is perfect for all genres of music, especially pop, indie, rock, fusion, jazz, classic metal and any other styles that require warm and refined drums.
A bonus 'lite' (16 velocity layers) Yamaha Fibreglass snare is also included in the kit.
BFD Maple Custom Absolute is recorded in the same room and with the same studio conditions as the Jazz & Funk and B.O.M.B. expansion packs, and JEX, Decatom and Yamaha Oak downloadable expansion kits. It has also been designed to sound great with BFD3/BFD2's built-in library as well as with BFD libraries recorded in other locations.
This download-only expansion kit includes toms played with sticks, brushes, mallets, and rods. The bass drums are hit with both wood and felt beaters. The snare drum is played with sticks and hot-rods, with the snare wire on and off for both.
New articulations include rim shots and rim clicks on the toms. The snare also offers rim clicks, as well as support for electronic drums positional sensing when used in BFD3/BFD2.
- Maple Custom Absolute 7"x8" Tom
- Maple Custom Absolute 7.5"x10" Tom
- Maple Custom Absolute 8"x12" Tom
- Maple Custom Absolute 14"x14" Floor Tom
- Maple Custom Absolute 16"x16" Floor Tom
- Maple Custom Absolute 18"x20" Bass Drum
- Maple Custom Absolute 18"x22" Bass Drum
- Yamaha 6"x14" FHP (Fiberglass) Snare Drum
- Remo Heads
- Snare - Coated Ambassador
- Toms - Coated Ambassador
- Bass Drum - Powerstroke 3
All drums were recorded at Omega Studios in Rockville, MD.
As a extra bonus, every download BFD2 Yamaha kit includes free cases! Yes you get samples of Yamaha drum cases played with sticks. 10", 12", 14", and 24" cases are provided.
There are no hihats or cymbals included with this expansion kit. All presets are designed around the cymbals in BFD3/BFD2 and can be easily set up to play with electronic drumkits such as the Yamaha DTXtreme series using BFD2's mapping functionality.
Equipment used for the recordings
- Kick In - Shure Beta 52 / API 3124 preamp
- Kick Out - Neumann FET 47 / API 3124 preamp
- Kick Resonant - Yamaha Sub Kick / Neve VR console channel preamp
- Snare Top - Shure Beta 57A / API 3124 preamp
- Snare Bottom - EV N/D457 / API 3124 preamp
- Snare Side - Violet Design Flamingo Jr. / ATI 8MX2 preamp
- Toms - Violet Design Globe / ATI 8MX2 preamp
- Overhead - Matched pairs of Nuemann KM184s or Violet Design Black Knight mics / ATI 8MX2 preamps
- Room - Violet Design Globe with protoype omni capsules / Focusrite Red preamps
- Amb3 - Nevaton MC404 stereo mic placed in the center of the room / Metric Halo ULN2 preamps