Be it a serious problem with the dynamics in a mix, a delicate mastering assignment, or a situation with complicated dynamics, Alchemist provides everything you need in order to accomplish. Designed with professional mastering and re-mastering applications in mind, the intricate design, superior workflow, and sound perfection, makes Alchemist tailored for the high demands of today’s music and pro-audio industry,
Alchemist operates as a single broadband processor or as a full-scale multiband processor offering up to five individual bands. Each band presents a complete dynamic processing section including; compressor, expander, de-compressor and de-expander, all working in parallel employing independent Angel’s share and Hysteresis parameters for each section.
Angel's share and Hysteresis are key features of all Flux:: dynamic processors, using the dynamic range content of the signal and not just the signal levels as standard processors do. Angel’s share controls the amount of auto-ratio determined by the signal dynamics and by the manual ratio setting. Hysteresis controls the amount of auto-threshold determined by the signal dynamics and by the manual threshold value.
As all Flux:: processors Alchemist provide up to eight channels of simultaneous processing for multichannel/surround operations
User Interface And Workflow
The user interface in Alchemist is designed for simplicity, and in addition to the five band sections, Alchemist presents a vast range of functions to simplify the workflow and to facilitate the achievement of exceptional results. Some of the key functions are:
- Generous -/+ 48 dB input/output gain range
- Phase invert of the processed signal
- Dry/wet control offering true parallel dynamics processing
- Discrete peak-limiter rounding peaks off in a smooth and musically fashion
- True bypass control routing the incoming signal direct to the output for a smooth transition between clean and processed signal
- Morphing slider for seamless transition between two explicit full parameter-sets.
Alchemist Multiband Features
Up to five bands are available, each of them providing:
- Flux:: core dynamics processors all operating in parallel:
- The BitterSweet Transient Designer
- MS (mid/side) Control.
- Auto Delay (Introduces a delay line in the processed signal allowing zero attack time).
- Selectable level detection mode and dynamics detection profile
- Dynamics processing envelope control (Attack, Hold, Release with optional Auto mode).
- Input / Output gain control.
Signal Processing Features
- Input/Output gain controls for adjusting the levels before and after processing.
- Phase invert of the processed signal.
- Dry Mix control (Dry/Wet with gain compensation) allowing for parallel processing or for blending some of the original "peak" into the processed signal.
- Clipper, a discrete peak limiter at the very last stage of the processing chain rounding off the peaks smooth and musically.
- Bypass routes the incoming signal direct to the output for a true smooth transition between processed and clean signal.
Preset and Parameter Handling
To enhance the workflow the two Preset/Parameter slots, A and B, can be loaded with two full set of parameters at the same time. Apart from saving each preset, a "Global Preset" containing both the A and B settings, and the position of the "Morphing Slider", can be saved.
Parameter Morphing Slider with Automation
The Morphing Slider provides morphing between the parameter settings of slot A/B allowing for really creative and useful real-time tweaking. Enabling the Automation control button exposes the Morphing Slider to the host automation.