Pro L2 is a major update to the Pro-L limiter plug-in. With four brand-new
limiting algorithms, "Modern" for general all-purpose limiting ,
"aggressive" for EDM and rock music, "Bus" specific for drums and individual
track limiting and "Safe" which avoids distortion at all costs. Also newly
added is the true peak limiting mode which makes it extremely easy to hit a
maximum true peak target.
Combined with improved true peak metering and extensive loudness metering
that's compliant with the EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-4, and ATSC A/85
standards. Complete support for surround audio with flexible channel linking
makes FabFilter Pro-L 2 much more versatile in multi-channel scenarios,
while the sound quality is even higher than before with up to 32x linear
phase oversampling. New features like a DC offset filter, external side
chain triggering for stem mastering, and a Unity Gain option ensure that
Pro-L 2 is the solution to any mastering challenge.
The unique real-time level display is now even more effective with new
innovative display modes, including an Infinite mode that shows all audio
for an entire session. Moments of significant gain reduction are highlighted
with peak labels to give additional insight in the limiting process. The
interface has been carefully redesigned to be aesthetically pleasing with a
perfectly optimized workflow.
- Great transparent sound combined with maximum loudness.
- Eight sophisticated, carefully tuned limiting algorithms, . True peak limiting.
- Up to 32x linear-phase oversampling to minimize aliasing and inter-sample peaks.
- Low CPU usage.
- Highly accurate output and gain reduction metering, including true peak metering.
- Extensive loudness metering
- Various meter scale settings, including K-System support.
- Surround support, including Dolby Atmos 7.0.2 and 7.1.2 formats with flexible surround channel linking.
- Unique, highly-informative real-time level display.
- Optional DC offset filter.
- External side chain triggering for stem mastering.
- Unity Gain option to easily listen to the effect of the current limiting at unity gain level.
- Audition Limiting option to listen to the difference between the input and output signal.
- Adjustable Look-ahead, Attack, and Release settings to fine-tune the sound of the algorithms.Separate, freely-adjustable channel linking for both the transient and release stages.
- Professional dithering with three different noise shaping algorithms.
- Adapts automatically to stereo, mono, and surround channel layouts.
- Full Screen mode for precise adjustments and insightful metering.
- Multiple interface sizes: Medium, Large, and Extra Large, as well as a separate Compact mode.
- Retina support on OS X and High DPI support on Windows.
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration.
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces.