Hollywood Strings Gold Edition is 16-bit, with one mic positon (mid-tree, no divisi) and all articulations except bow change legato. Upgrades to the Hollywood Strings Diamond Edition will be effortless as all articulations are included in the Gold Edition, and can be done at any time. The Gold Edition is available for purchase via download, and available in DVD format.
HOLLYWOOD STRINGS has many groundbreaking features not found in any other collection. Finger position is, for the first time, controllable by the user, so you can play as far up the strings as you want, and get a fuller more romantic Hollywood sound. Vibrato intensity and extensive dynamics are controllable by the user. Extensive multi-dynamic true legato has been sampled for all sections in three different categories: slurred, portamento, and bow change. This results in unsurpassed legato performance that has never been available. HOLLYWOOD STRINGS has five user-controllable mic positions, including main pickup (Decca tree), mid pickup, close pickup, surround pickup, and an alternate vintage circa 1945 RCA ribbon room pickup.
- Recorded in the famous EASTWEST STUDIOS 1
- Neve 8078 mixing console
- Meitner ADC converters
- 5 user-mixable microphone positions (use as sound options):
- Main - Decca tree (Neumann M50s) and Brauner VM1 KHE (Klaus Heyne Edition) outriggers
- Mid - Neumann KMi, Neumann KM 254, Sony C37A, Neumann U-47
- Close - AKG C12, Neumann U47, Neumann U67, Nordic Audio Labs NU-47
- Surround - Neumann KM 83
- Alternate Room - Vintage RCA44 Ribbon
- Convolution reverbs include new impulses from Quantum Leap Spaces. These include soundstages and halls from Southern California.