Oxide Tape Recorder gives you the musical, mixable sound of tape, letting you quickly add clarity, punch, and warmth to vocals, guitars, drums, and more, so every track sounds like a record.
Get Hit-Making Analog Tape Sounds
Developed by the same team behind UA's industry-leading Ampex and Studer tape machine plug-ins, Oxide Tape Recorder gives your productions the warmth, presence, and vibe of professional analog tape, with only the essential controls, so you can get sounds faster.
Explore Groundbreaking Tape Emulation Technology
Whether you’re tracking in realtime using an Apollo interface or mixing in your DAW, Oxide’s intuitive controls deliver musical results for beginners and pros alike. Just select IPS (inches per second), EQ, and noise reduction settings, and tweak input and output controls to taste. By emulating fat tape compression and colorful circuit behaviors, Oxide gives your tracks the cohesive glue that only analog tape can provide.
- Use any audio interface, with both UAD Native and Apollo Realtime/UAD-2 versions included
- Inject the warm color and punchy low-end response of analog tape to your tracks
- Apply tape saturation and circuit overdrive via simple Input/Output controls and Repro or Input paths
- Choose among 7.5 and 15 IPS Tape Speeds and two emphasis curves for colorful tape textures
- Experience in-the-box recording “through” tape in real time using Apollo interfaces