The Violet EQ is a 2-band minimum phase-shift shelving EQ from the critically acclaimed Fusion Stereo Analogue Colour processor. It is the first new Solid State Logic analogue EQ design in more than 25 years and is now available for you DAW.
Violet EQ draws on SSL’s legacy and deep understanding of production workflow to develop an exceptionally musical sounding EQ with carefully selected frequency points and response curves to offer the perfect balance of tone and control. Whether it’s adding high-end sheen to your masters or sculpting a bass line to fit perfectly in the mix, the simple but effective controls and exceptional sound quality of Violet EQ Plug-in will enhance your productions.
Above and beyond what is found on Fusion hardware, ‘FAT’ processor has been added to enhance Violet EQ Plug-in's low frequency control. When the HPF is engaged, ‘FAT’ adds a subtle bump around the filters cut-off frequency, adding low-end punch back into the signal.
- Modelled on the SSL Fusion Violet EQ processor
- First new SSL analogue EQ circuit for more than 25 years
- Carefully selected frequencies and response curves
- Includes the high-pass filter from the SSL Fusion hardware unit
- Four switched frequency points and +/- 9 dB attenuation
- NEW: FAT button adds subtle 'oomph' to the low-end when the HPF is switched in
- ECO mode: drop into 'ECO' mode for reduced latency and CPU-use, for tracking and recording purposes
- Modelled using a combination of real-life measurements, analogue circuit designs, and close collaboration with the original analogue designers of the SSL Fusion hardware and validated by real-world producers
- Built on the SSL Plug-in Engine
- NEW: Built-in help! Simply click the '?' symbol and mouseover the GUI for more information about each of the parameters
- SSL’s cross-platform preset management and A/B-ing system
- Built-in UNDO/REDO support
- Comes with presets from world-class producers and engineers Adrian Hall, Sean Divine and Wez Clarke