Relab LX480 Essentials not only faithfully captures the sound of the classic 480L* reverb hardware, but makes getting that legendary sound faster and easier than ever before. Transform tracks with the rich complex textures, and lush spacious reverb tails that only the Relab LX480 can deliver.
For decades, the 480L* has been the standard by which all other reverb processors have been measured.
With Relab LX480 Essentials, now you can bring FOUR of the most famous reverb sounds from the legendary 480L* – natively to your mixes..
WITH RELAB LX480 ESSENTIALS YOU CAN:
- Get the sound of four of the most famous presets from the original 480L* hardware natively in your DAW
- Experiment with legendary 480L* sounds with the “Plate,”, “Ambience,” “Hall,” and “Room” algorithms.
- Create almost any space with tails that are deeper, longer and smoother.
- Keep your mixes clean and clutter-free with built-in hi and low pass filtering
- Benefit from an improved workflow based on simple key reverb settings and features.
OUTSTANDING AUDIO QUALITY
Dial in large rooms, lush halls, shiny plates and realistic ambiences with uncompromising and unparalleled sound quality.
BUILT-IN HIGH AND LOW FREQUENCY CUTOFFS
Sometimes the high and low frequency build-up in reverbs can get a little out of control. Use the built-in high and low pass filters to quickly tame the top and bottom frequencies of the reverb to keep your mixes clean and clutter-free.
FAST AND EASY WORKFLOW
Quickly tweak and sculpt your own sound with ease. With no hidden settings, all of the available parameter settings are visible right in front of you, resulting in an intuitive workflow that is fast and easy.
THE REVERB USED ON COUNTLESS CLASSIC RECORDINGS…
The original 480L* hardware reverb was introduced in 1986 and has been used on countless chart-topping recordings. For over 3 decades it has been the “go to” reverb for top music producers and recording engineers worldwide. The 480L* has been the standard by which all other reverb processors have been measured.
BASED ON A TRUE ALL ORIGINAL “GOLDEN UNIT”
- For the Relab LX480 Essentials, we modelled one of the very best of the 480s* ever – a true “golden unit”
- Relab was lucky enough to acquire one of the original 480s* from the Hit Factory in New York when they closed their doors.
- You can’t even begin to imagine the list of mixes on which this unit was used!
- This studio was home to sessions by John Lennon, Stevie Wonder, Bruce Springsteen, Beyoncé, U2, Michael Jackson… The list is endless.
- It doesn’t get much more perfect or “golden” than that!
- And with the Relab LX480 Essentials you can now get that very same legendary reverb sound – natively in your DAW
FOUR UNMISTAKABLE REVERB SOUNDS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Based on FOUR of Relab’s best-in-class reverb algorithm emulations of one of the most widely-used algorithmic reverbs ever built, you can now transform your tracks with the rich complex textures, and lush spacious reverb tails that only the Relab LX480 can deliver.
What the 480 was famous for – lush, rich, shiny plates without any mix clutter. Designed to emulate the sounds of metal plates, with a relatively bright, colored sound. Great for vocals and percussion.
One of the most traditional reverb sounds, this classic favourite was designed to emulate a real medium-sized hall. Great for giving tracks a sense of belonging to the same space with a smooth and even decay.
Designed to become a part of the direct sound, the ambience algorithm is very effective in adding distance to a very dry sounding track. Great for really short drum rooms, and for an impression that is more felt than heard.
Large Wood Room
Designed to emulate coloured sounding spaces, the room is typically less noticeable than a Hall. This algorithm can be effectively used to create the sense of space, without being overtly distinguishable. Great for film, TV and all genres of music production.