Overloud's TAPEDESK is a tape simulator and a console emulator packed together into a single plugin that replicates the warm tones of an analog mixing workflow.
- Simulates three legendary analog consoles
- Simulates a 2-inch 24-track tape machine
- Recreates the interactions between the console and the tape machine
- Offers precise metering of any point in the sound chain
- Simulates all of the transformers in the original units
- Very low CPU usage: open the plugin on each track of your session
- Many presets designed during real mixing sessions
In the real world, a tape machine is always physically connected to a console. The signal enters into the console's preamplifier, gets fed into the tape machine and is recorded to tape. From there the tape is played back and the audio again hits the console for mixing into its stereo bus.
Recreating this process using separate components is fairly complex but it is the only way to actually replicate the experience of mixing in analog. TAPEDESK automates all of these separate processes for you; you only need to insert the plugin on your tracks and enjoy the experience of mixing in a thoroughly analog world!
Overloud's TAPEDESK features a hyper-realistic simulation of a 2-inch 24-track world-class tape machine from a renowned studio in the UK. You can control a myriad of tape parameters, from tape speed to head biasing, in order to have full control of the tonal palette. Every segment in the signal chain has been simulated in order to recreate the authentic analog vibe of the original tape machine.
TAPEDESK also emulates the complete signal paths of three legendary analog consoles; the S4000, the N80, and the T88. These consoles have been used every day for the past 20 years to create thousands of hits in the world's finest studios.