EQ550 is the ultimate tool professional engineers use for no-compromise mixing.
- Hyper-realistic simulation of the original Proportional Q Equalizer, thanks to 4th generation DSP technology
- 5 band EQ: 2 shelving/peaking, 2 peaking, 1 high cut, 1 bandpass
- Individual band Cue
- Continuous frequency selection
- Emulation of all transformers in the original unit
- Low CPU usage: more than 1,500 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina
- Multilevel undo-redo
- A/B Comparison
- Lots of presets designed in real mixing sessions
Proportional Q Design
EQ550 is modeled after a renowned American EQ created with custom op-amps. It has a Proportional-Q design, meaning that the bandwidth of the filters becomes narrow when the gain of the filter increases. For low gain settings the EQ delivers a smoother tone, while its character becomes gradually more aggressive as the bands gain is raised. This design makes the EQ550 unique.
Beyond the Original Hardware
EQ550 extends the features of the original hardware, merging the flexibility of digital technology with the character of the analog processing.
- Band Cue: The Cue button lets you hear the part of the frequency spectrum that is being affected by that band.
- Continuous Frequency Selection: While the original hardware has preset frequencies only, the EQ550 allows you to dial in all of the intermediate frequencies.
- Additional Mid Band: While the original hardware has one Mid band only, Overloud added a second band for increased flexibility.
Whether used for individual tracks or on the mix bus, EQ550 will help you achieve your best no-compromise mix!