*This is an upgrade for current owners of VisLM-C1*
True cross-platform, multi-format loudness metering
The most fundamental question in audio production, how loud is it? Simple and yet elusive, with loudness inconsistency and incompatibilities present every day in broadcasts across the world.
With detailed, objective loudness measurement, history and logging facilities, VisLM provides a simple, ITU, ATSC and EBU standard compliant way to measure, compare and contrast loudness during production, broadcast and post production, on the fly or for entire sections of audio.
- VisLM introduces several essential parameters for audio measurement.
- True-Peak level metering (inter-sample accurate level monitoring)
- Loudness Range (to help decide if and how much dynamic compression to apply)
- Momentary 'instantaneous loudness' for mixing by ear
- Short term loudness (3 second time window)
- Program Loudness (long term integrated loudness measurement)
- Loudness metering | Standardised, intuitive loudness compatibility
Standardized loudness metering represents the next generation of audio 'volume' control, moving beyond the digital consideration of level and into objective perceived loudness - Loudness is the sound level people actually 'hear'. The NUGEN Audio VisLM loudness meter is a step closer to the perfect loudness measurement tool: the human ear.
Maximum True Peak Level metering
The True Peak Level of an audio signal is the maximum value of the signal, Sample Peak and QPPM (Quasi-Peak Program Meter) Meters do not measure this level with accuracy as they miss the true peaks which potentially lie between samples. The implementation of True Peak metering to BS. 1770 allows these inter-sample peaks to be detected. VisLM provides true peak metering for all audio channels from a single mono source through to 5.1 surround production.