Precision downmix and surround re-balancing. Produce better downmixes and enhance the downmix compatibility of your surround mixes.
5.1, 7.1, advanced and compact interfaces perfectly designed for the task in hand, maximising screen real estate. Multiple monitoring modes, quick mute and solo controls promote rapid assessment and critical listening tests. Halo Downmix is the ideal complement to any surround workflow.
Precise surround control, versatile downmix balancing and mix monitoring for accelerating and enhancing your surround productivity. Halo Downmix is the glue that brings your workflow together, allowing you to deliver in surround and stereo with ease and without compromise.
- Standard and custom surround to stereo downmixing
- Surround re-balancing
- Simultaneous surround/stereo workflow
- Immediate and versatile surround/downmix monitoring
- Downmix rescue
- Surround restoration
Halo Downmix provides a highly creative solution for precise downmixing of feature-film or 5.1 mixes to stereo. Intuitive, visual controls for relative levels, timing, and direct vs. ambient sound balance allow uprecedented fine-tuning, delivering accurate downmixes that are no longer limited by typical in-the-box coefficients-based processes.
A standard downmix is usually generated by simply mixing together the surround output according to standard downmix coefficients, however, this can often lead to unsatisfactory results, particularly if legacy upmix practices have been used to generate the original surround mix. Halo Downmix can be quickly employed to mitigate these issues eg. controlling excessive diffuse sound from added artificial reverberation, or removal of delay artefacts introduced in the rear channels.
Halo Downmix can be quickly deployed to produce a more controlled, coherent stereo mix.
Typical applications include:
- Stereo Mix production for Television within a Surround workflow.
- Rapidly producing a controlled, precise stereo downmix of a 7.1 feature film.
- Generating a stereo mix from surround where no stereo recording exists.
- Producing stereo interim listening mixes in a surround workflow.
Fine Tune Existing Surround material
Adjust existing 5.1 or 7.1 mixes in surround-to-surround mode. Levels of individual channels, and balance of direct vs. diffuse sound can be adjusted to fine tune or re-balance existing surround audio where access to the original mix is not possible.
Parallel Surround/Stereo Downmix workflow
Halo Downmix can also be used in conjunction with the included Receive plug-in to enable a parallel surround/stereo workflow.
This workflow allows for rapid A/B listening checks between surround and stereo downmix.
- Optimising a surround mix for better stereo downmix (standard coefficients)
- Harmonising surround and stereo experiences, delivering a separate downmix
- Harmonising surround and stereo to produce a modified surround mix and stereo downmix