New bundle includes Nectar 3 and VocalSynth2
Get your vocals to sit in the mix with the most sophisticated set of tools designed for vocal production. From corrective to creative vocal production all the way to the final polish, Nectar 3 brings out your intended performance in isolation and in the context of the mix. Put your vocals in their place with everything you need for a clear, professional sound.
Everything in its place
Nectar 3’s Vocal Assistant creates a custom preset for your vocal to get it to sit right in the mix. Like an extra pair of trusted ears, Vocal Assistant listens to your audio and gets you started by detecting and auto-adjusting level inconsistencies, identifying resonant peaks, timbre variations, and harsh frequencies. Vocal Assistant will intelligently set EQ nodes, analyze dynamics and set suggested compression settings, remove pesky sibilants, create space, ambience, and more. Once you’ve arrived at an optimal starting point, add your personal touch.
Vocal Assistant: Unmask
Nectar 3 adds the ability to address masking of any vocal with Vocal Assistant: Unmask. Unmask directly communicates with the rest of your mix to place your vocal at the forefront by moving other mix elements out of the way. Through inter-plugin communication, Unmask will communicate with any instance of Nectar 3, Neutron 2 Advanced (available separately), or iZotope Relay (included with Nectar 3) to create the perfect nest for your vocal.
In addition to Unmask, Nectar 3 communicates through inter-plugin communication to give you a complete view of your entire production by sending essential vocal information to Neutron 2, connecting your vocal track with the instrument tracks in your mix. Appearing in the Visual Mixer, Masking Meter, Tonal Balance Control, and Insight 2’s Intelligibility Meter, Nectar 3 sits alongside instances of VocalSynth 2, Insight 2, Ozone 8, and Relay to seamlessly streamline the mixing process.
Neutron 2, VocalSynth 2, Insight 2, Ozone 8, and Tonal Balance Control are available as part of Music Production Suite 2.
All the EQ, just for you
Nectar 3 includes two new 24-band Dynamic EQs form-fit to the unique needs of vocals. Transparent and clear, the Dynamic EQs serve both corrective and creative applications with adaptive nodes for frequency sculpting and pitch tracking. The new Follow EQ mode allows direct, dynamic tracking of pitch, eliminating the need for manual editing of individual resonant frequencies and harmonics for active shaping of timbre and tone.
Follow EQ Mode automatically sculpts and shapes your vocal in real time, locking on to pitch to help remove unwanted resonances, dynamically remove low end rumble, and shape tone while preserving the natural character of your vocal. Follow EQ Mode will ride selected frequencies and their harmonics for unparalleled control of pitch information so you don’t have to make hours of corrective manual edits by hand.
The pinnacle of audio plug-in design
Every module in Nectar 3 has been redesigned with your time and experience in mind. Underscored by an ultramodern and luxurious graphic experiences, Nectar 3 directly integrates your actions with what you see within its smooth, delightful visualizations. With new ways to interact with key module settings, a resizable interface, exciting metering animations, and new contextual selection settings, it’s a visual experience so smooth, you won’t want to go back to knobs and faders.
Your complete vocal chain
Nectar 3 addresses every part of working with vocals after recording. With fourteen core components that directly address vocal mixing in one package, Nectar 3 tackles pre-mix issues like auto leveling, breath removal, and corrective EQ, creative processes like adding depth, effects, and character, and mixing musts like compression, polish, and finding the perfect mix placement. It’s one stop from capture to creation.
Catch every breath
Nectar 3 is also bundled with iZotope RX Breath Control, which is designed to intelligently detect breaths in dialogue or vocal recordings and automatically suppress them, saving invaluable time in the comping and prep stage of vocal editing.
A match made in heaven: Celemony Melodyne 4 essential
As an added benefit to Nectar 3’s built-in pitch correction module, iZotope has partnered with Celemony to include Melodyne 4 essential: GRAMMY-award winning pitch and time correction. Melodyne adds surgical, intuitive, and truly transparent pitch adjustment capabilities that are an industry standard in professional studios around the world.
Brand new to Nectar 3:
- Vocal Assistant: One-click custom preset creation created with machine learning technology to help your vocal fit in the mix in seconds.
- Unmask puts your vocal at the forefront of your mix by carving away other competing mix elements directly from Vocal Assistant’s menu screen.
- Dynamic EQ with new Follow EQ Mode to track down pesky resonances and remove them in real time, saving valuable time and energy.
- Auto Level Mode adjusts the level of your vocal before it even starts processing, eliminating the need for corrective dynamics or riding the fader.
- Inter-plugin Communication: Nectar 3 can communicate with other instances of iZotope plug-ins in your session to address mix issues, tonal balance, masking and more.
- Component RX 7 Breath Control plug-in for reducing unwanted breaths without sacrificing audio quality with the power of iZotope RX 7.
- Melodyne 4 essential for GRAMMY-award winning time and pitch correction.
- iZotope Relay: your hub for intelligently connecting your entire mix to your iZotope plug-in collection.
- Hundreds of professionally-designed presets for music and dialogue applications.
- Twelve redesigned and updated modules for completely vocal-focused production and mixing including: Corrective and Creative Dynamic EQs, Compression, Harmony, Pitch, De-Esser, Saturation, Reverb, Gate, and Dimension.
Improvements to modules include:
- Delay: Two brand new modes and new independent controls for stereo support.
- De-esser: New interactive threshold design experience that can be auto-set with Vocal Assistant.
- Saturation: Two new Saturation modes, Decimate and Distort.
- Harmony: Increased number of voices you can add from 4 to 8, improvements to MIDI mode experience for easier playability.
- EQ: Ability to add two EQ instances of up to 24 bands with Dynamic processing for frequency and pitch.
- Compressor: Ability to add two Compressors. New interactive threshold design with interactive visualization.
- Reverb: Additional third EQ node for additional shaping flexibility; immersive visual display.
- Dimension: New Chorus and Phaser modes with interactive UI.
VocalSynth 2 is an immersive vocal experience that adapts and adapts and evolves with your unique style and opens up a world of vocal possibilities. Color and shape vocals with five blendable eccentric-must-haves and stompbox-style studio effects. A one-stop for past, present, and future vocal sounds, VocalSynth 2 features a Vocoder, Compuvox, Polyvox, Talkbox, and Biovox: a brand new effect based on the sonic qualities of the human vocal tract.
The evolution of vocals
Elevate your vocal productions with the music production’s most unique plug-in experience for vocals. Quickly get old school sounds you need or create a new school of vocal sounds. Get lost in layers, textures, effects, blending, and morphing in an experimental vocal playground and finally find that secret something that makes your vocals stand out. Choose and meld five unique vocal tools or pick from hundreds of presets for quick impact.
Killer sounds out of the box
We’ve completely redesigned VocalSynth to get you a better sound, faster than ever. Through meticulous design we’ve made improvements to every aspect of VocalSynth including: expanding the Vocoder for a more faithful sound, packing more power into Shred, optimizing CPU, adding more control within each module, and much more. We’ve also added brand new presets that take full advantage of all VocalSynth has to offer, so you can get up and running right out of the box.
Biovox: Vocals down to a science
Create and manipulate your biological imprint with a brand new vocal effect. Using scientific modeling of a human vocal tract, adjust human vocal characteristics like nasality, vowel shapes, and formants for a smooth, textural vocal treatment to any audio signal. Use surgically to adapt takes to better fit your production or apply as a creative effect to make a vocal more present, breathy, or totally mangle it!
Further enhance your production with a custom drag-and-drop vocal effects chain featuring seven experimental effects including a new and improved Shred, Ring Mod, Chorus, Distort, Filter, Transform, and Delay. Add a little extra something special for a perfect cocktail of vocal effects.
Three ways to play
VocalSynth 2 is built to be flexible, giving you three ways to interact and create. In Auto mode, get up and running on any track and apply effects and presets instantly. In MIDI mode, play and automate your production’s effects, harmonies, and other parameters with MIDI input or from any MIDI controller. In Sidechain mode, use any audio signal to drive VocalSynth 2 effects to expand creative horizons.
VocalSynth 2 works within the ecosystem of iZotope products. Like Neutron, Ozone, and Tonal Balance Control, VocalSynth 2 features inter-plugin communication, allowing seamless integration with essential tools for music production and analysis. VocalSynth 2 can be seen within Neutron 2’s Visual Mixer and Masking Meter and also within Tonal Balance Control, allowing you to interact and get visual feedback in real time.
- Biovox: Using scientific modeling of a human vocal tract, adjust human vocal characteristics like nasality, vowel shapes, and formants for a smooth, textural vocal treatment to any audio signal.
- Stompbox-style effects: VocalSynth 2’s effects include two brand new pedal-style effects: Chorus and Ring Mod with a unique tremolo effect. Now drag to re-order all seven effects including an improved Shred with sequencer as well as Distort, Filter,Transform, and Delay.
- 3 ways to play: VocalSynth 2 is built to be flexible, giving you three ways to interact and create: Auto Mode, MIDI Mode, and Sidechain Mode.
- Inter-plugin communication: Use VocalSynth 2 within Neutron 2’s Visual Mixer andMasking Meter, as well as Tonal Balance Control for a bird’s eye view of your music production at all times.
- Extensive sonic enhancements to the Vocoder module as well as Talkbox, Polyvox,and Compuvox that improve usability, CPU utilization, and sound quality.
- Reimagined interface with deep control: VocalSynth 2 includes a brand new, modern interface and the addition of advanced synthesizer controls for each individual module. Paired with a fluid, evolving visualization, VocalSynth 2 is primed for hours of creativitywith you at the helm.