MangledVerb™ is a unique effect combining reverb and distortion. Ported directly from the award-winning H9 Harmonizer®, MangledVerb is capable of creating lush reverbs, ripping distortion leads and sound-sculpting musical chaos. Guitarists have used it for years to create signature sounds and now you can have it in your favorite D.A.W.
MangledVerb starts with a variable pre-delay which feeds a stereo reverb into a complex distortion effect. Sonically it can range from the light friction of a bow scraping a cello string to the mayhem of a caged beast being poked with a red hot flounder.
Tweak it Live
Like all the H9 Signature Series plug-ins, MangledVerb excels at live situations. The Ribbon is an innovative control which allows you to program two settings for any combination of the controls and seamlessly transition between them.
The programmable HotSwitch allows you to instantly jump to an alternate setting at the push of a button. This combination of controls brings you as close as possible to the experience of tweaking real hardware.
- Over 180 presets designed to inspire; including the original H9 presets and artist presets by Vernon Reid, Chris Carter, Richard Divine and many more.
- Create out-of-this-world soundscapes by increasing the Size and Overdrive.
- Use it as Mono-In/ Mono-Out, Mono-In/Stereo-Out, or Stereo-In/Stereo-Out for ultimate flexibility.
- Smoothly move from Softclip distortion to Overdrive for ripping transitions.
- Use the Wobble control to create spooky detuning effects.
- Use The Ribbon control to easily manipulate multiple parameters in a live situation.
- Program the HotSwitch to instantly change multiple parameters at once.
- Use small size and short decay settings for surprising sounds.
- Optimized for live use with MIDI control of The Ribbon and Tap Tempo for quick meta-control on the fly.
- Use MixLock to scroll through presets while keeping the wet-dry mix constant.
A Brief History of MangledVerb
MangledVerb started life as a popular effect algorithm in Eventide’s rack mount Eclipse and is one of the key algorithms included in our Space and H9 stompboxes. The plug-in version has been optimized for anyone working ‘in the box’ and presets can be shared between Space, the H9 and the MangledVerb plug-in.