The synth that kick-started the affordable analog revolution is reborn as an addictive, inspiring step-sequencing synth with huge modular capabilities.An exciting evolution in the MiniBrute story, MiniBrute 2S stays true to the raw sound-shaping power of the iconic original, while adding thrilling new features and possibilities.
Combining the best elements of an analog synthesizer with an intuitive step-sequencer and exciting semi-modular architecture, MiniBrute 2S was made to inspire. Its parameters are clearly laid out and create sound that’s packed with personality and attitude. Its multi-pattern, triple-layer, 64-step sequencer offers exciting new ways of creating music, but takes the pain out of pattern programming. A serious standalone synth, MiniBrute 2S can also be augmented by using its expanded patchbay, and become the center of your modular system. Hook it up to a RackBrute and keep your whole collection in a stylish, robust Eurorack ecosystem.
A beautifully thought-out sequencing analog synth, an essential link to the modular world, and an instrument that will grow with you. MiniBrute 2S will help you create sounds that no one has ever heard before.There’s no doubting the legacy and lasting impression the original MiniBrute left on the industry, but where could we go next?
The MiniBrute was a statement. An organic, tangible breath of fresh air, a proud analog monument among the slew of sound-a-like synths that had flooded the market. Arturia’s ethos has always been to create exciting, meaningful instruments; instruments that traditional synth companies simply wouldn’t release.. If we were going to recreate a legend, the 2nd generation of MiniBrute needed to be raw, exciting, and more than a little bit scary.Born out of necessity, MiniBrute 2S was designed to bridge the gap between the more traditional synth world and the ever-evolving modular scene. Creating a sort of ‘creative glue’ that would fuse these two creative processes together, making something new and exciting.
Once again, MiniBrute is the catalyst for change.
- Analog Synthesizer
- 2 Analog VCO’s:
- VCO1 : Saw + UltraSaw, Square +Pulse width, Triangle + Metalizer. (Waveform mixing)
- VCO2 : Sine, Saw, Square waveforms (three tuning ranges).
- VCO 2>1 Hard Sync, VCO1 linear and exponential FM
- White Noise Generator
- External Audio In
- Steiner Parker filter (12dB per octave); Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Notch modes.
- 2 LFO’s with Sync: Sine, Tri, Saw, Square, Random, Slew Random
- 1 AD envelope
- Trig, Gate modes
- One shot or Loop
- Attack and Decay times CV controllable
- 1 ADSR envelope
- 48-point CV and Gate patchbay:
- Inputs and Outputs for the voice and sequencer
- Utility modules (inverter, attenuators, VCA)
- 16 velocity and pressure sensitive pads
- 16 encoders
- 64 sequence memories
- Sequence Pitch, Gate, Velocity and Pressure on up to 64 steps
- Alternatively, sequence modulations such as Gates, LFOs, AD Envelopes, ...
- Real-time or step recording modes
- Save and recall sequence patterns on the fly
- MIDI and USB I/O