We’re keeping the love alive with Solina V, our physical model of the classic Arp/Eminent Solina string machine.
Before polyphonic synthesizers, there were the string machines. The Solina, made originally by Eminent and rebranded for Arp, defined a class of sounds that are still as in demand today as ever. The Solina was probably heard on more albums in the 1970's and 80s than any other single keyboard.
We began by modeling the original Solina MK1 from Eminent making sure that the Violin, viola, cello, horn and trumpet sounds were as rich and warm as the original. The renowned ENSEMBLE effect was carefully modeled and is a thing of beauty that cannot be found in any of the sample-based string machines.
Solina V is perfect for that string wash in your Nu Disco tracks or as a phase shifted pad in your old school electronic music track.
- All of the original parameters of the ARP/Eminent Solina string ensemble
- Vox Humana sound modeled after the original 1978 Bob Moog's Polysynth
- Classic Paraphonic operation as well as selectable Polyphonic mode
- 1978 Bob Moog’s polysynth resonator section on Upper Section
- 24dB per octave resonant filter on Bass Section
- Arpeggiator on Bass Section
- LFO for vibrato, tremolo and filter modulation
- Aftertouch and velocity level controls
- Solina MK1 and MK2 ensemble modes
- 3-mode stereo chorus
- Stereo dual phaser
- Analog delay
- Digital sync delay
- Convolution reverb with 24 modeled reverbs
- 150 presets