A giant has come back to life. Oberheim's legendary SEM - Synthesizer Expander Module - is back for the first time as a high-end software emulation powered by Arturia's exclusive TAE® technology.
The SEM module was originally made to compliment other synthesizers but later came into its own as a great sounding synth. The unique filter that allowed continuously variable operation from low pass to high pass gave it a sound that no other had. When multiple SEM's were connected into a 4 or 8 voice polyphonic system, it became a thing of beauty.
Accurately recreating the tone, waveshapes, multimode 12dB/octave filter and other detailed characteristics, SEM V delivers all the deep analog sounds that made its grand ancestor so unique and praised. Our voice programmer mode allows you to recreate the sound of the huge and rare 8 Voice.
The SEM is known as a bass and lead machine but our recreation extends it well beyond the original. it's sound pallet extends to moving 8 voice pads , acid arpeggios and even electronic percussion.
We added new innovations like the sub-oscillator for deep basses. A second LFO with more waveforms, and the modulation matrix greatly expands the sonic capabilities of the SEM. Add to this the arpeggiator and Key Follow modulator and you get one super powered synth.
- All the original parameters of the Oberheim SEM : two oscillators, each offering sawtooth wave and variable-width pulse wave with PWM, sine wave LFO, 12dB/oct multi-mode Filter with low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch, two ADS envelope generators.
- Added functionalities : New LFO, Noise, Sub oscillator, on board effects (overdrive, chorus and delay), Arpeggiator, Portamento.
- Polyphony up to 32 and 8 Voice Multitimbrality
- New 8 Voice Programmer module
- Advanced Keyboard Follow module
- Modulation Matrix module
- Works in Standalone
- Now compatible with iSEM Preset export/import
- Polyphony parameter to limit the polyphony of the plugin
- 20 new factory presets from Ian Boddy
- 21 new factory presets from Erik Norlander
- 35 new factory presets from Richard Courtel
- 11 new factory presets from Kevin Lamb
- 14 new factory presets from Drew Newmann
- "Forward Retrigg" mode for the 8-Voice Programmer (for easy use of sequences using the Arpeggiator)
- "Reassign" mode for the 8-Voice Programmer (like in the original one, the SEM V will first use the boards that are not gated in its voice assignment)
- Sustain pedal is now active on all systems