The massively powerful Oberheim Matrix 12 has been resurrected at last. Using our TAE™ modeling techonology. we are able to recapture and bring you this beast of a synthesizer.
Often coveted, rarely found for sale, and known as one of the greatest analog synths ever made, the Oberheim Matrix 12 was the crowning pinnacle of Oberheim products. Used by the likes of Joe Zawinul, Michael Brecker, Keith Emerson, Vince Clarke, Tangerine Dream, Nitzer Ebb, and many more, it is now available to you too.
We recreated the tonal aspects of the original 2 oscillators and their waveforms but more importantly we modeled the 15 filter modes!
The Matrix 12’s complex sound was defined by its multiple filter modes and by the amazing number of modulation sources and destinations.
With nearly endless possibilities of modulation routings you can create sounds with very organic qualities not found in other synthesizers.
While the Matrix 12 was amazing in itself, we pushed it further by adding new effects chain for further processing of the sound. We also expanded the allowed number of modulations from 20 to 40 giving you even more creative freedom. Add to this the ability to control all the parameters via MIDI, you can now do automations in a DAW or manually that could never be done before.
- Two oscillators, each offering triangle, sawtooth and variable-width pulse wave with PWM.
- Oscillator 2 also offers a white noise generator.
- Oscillator 1 can be frequency modulated.
- Single filter with 15 modes, 4 Low Pass, 3 High Pass, 2 Band Pass modes, Notch, Phase Shift plus four additional "combo" filter modes.
- Ultra-powerful modulation matrix with 27 sources and 47 destinations.
- Sources include 5 envelopes, 5 LFOs, 4 Ramp, 3 Track generators, Velocity, Pressure, Keyboard follow, ...
- Two insert effect slots with six studio-grade effects to choose from.
- 12 voices of polyphony like the original instrument
- Works in Standalone, VST, VST3, AU, AAX.