The CS-80V is the reproduction of the legendary Yamaha® CS-80, which was considered by many as the "ultimate polyphonic synthesizer", back in the late 70’s.
It has been popularized by artists and groups like Toto, Jean-Michel Jarre, Keith Emerson, Stevie Wonder, Vangelis, Ultravox, Peter Gabriel… to name a few, and they all helped to turn this synthesizer into a real myth.
More than twenty five years after its release, the time has come to rediscover a sound that has extensively contributed to the history of music...
- All the original parameters of the Yamaha CS-80: 2 oscillators, 4 filters (high pass, low pass), 2 LFOs, 4 envelopes, 2 VCAs, 1 sub-oscillator (LFO), 1 ring modulator, chorus and tremolo
- New Multi Mode: assign a different sound to each of the 8 voices of polyphony!
- New Modulation Matrix with 12 sources to modulate a choice of 38 destination parameters
- Revolutionary preset navigation system called the SoundMap
- More than 400 presets made by a selection of the most famous sound designers, more...
The CS-80V is the reproduction of the legendary Yamaha® CS-80, which is considered by many as the "ultimate polyphonic synthesizer". More than 25 years after its release, the time has come to rediscover a sound that has extensively contributed to the history of music...
Sound MAP: Explore hundreds of sounds using our revolutionary Sound MAP. Locate areas you like and pick a sound that will stimulate your creativity. Morph sounds on the MAP by clicking anywhere you like. Add filters to make your search easier, or get back to the traditional list of presets, by sound-designer or by type. Be creative, be funky, be a sound-traveller.
The CS-80V offers all the features of the original synth, plus a new generation of innovative features, taking the original design to a new elevated level:
- A modulation matrix:to rebuild all circuits: a choice of 12 sources and 38 destinations for 10 additional modulations
- A Multi Mode: allowing to assign a different sound to each polyphonic voice. 4 different keyboard sections for "multitimbrality", with the possibility to direct each voice (4 polyphonic modes, and 3 unison modes from 2 to 8 voices).
- An arpeggiator and a stereo delay
Benefit from the experience of the best sound designers
The CS-80V comes loaded with more than 400 presets made by a selection of talented sound designers.